question about budgetting

Ralph van Etten ralph at et10.org
Sat Nov 11 11:07:30 EST 2006

Hi,

I've been using GnuCash for a while now and I was pleased there is
budgetting in there now.

Only, I have a problem with it. It is possible the problem I have is
just me not understanding the budgetting option.

I guessed the budgetting is for saying 'I have this amount of money
every month for clothes.' and the gnucash shows how much of the budget
is left. I figured out how to do this with GnuCash so thats not the
problem. The problem is this: If I don't spend my enitre budgets for
clothes this month, I expect to see next month having more money in the
clothes budget because last month I didn't spend it all.

How can I do that ? Is budgetting the right thing to use ? Or is
budgetting something else than what I think it does ?

Regards,

Ralph van Etten