Canadian GST PST

Brian Dolbec brian_dolbec at telus.net
Sun Nov 12 22:17:10 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-11 at 19:09 -0500, Brian Goodyear wrote:
> Hmm. I can't sem to find any reference anywhere to how to set up the tax
> tables to reflect the way the tax is computed here in most jurisdictions ie.
> item cost + tax1= subtotal +tax2.  Is there something I'm missing or has
> somepne figured a way around it?
>
> I know I can set up a tax table for each tax linked to the appropriate
> liability account but is there a way to set it up so that the Default tax
> table can be set from the properties dialog?  Otherwise it's a lot of work
> to enter each invoice billed or paid.

Look in the FAQ for setting up the GST & PST.  It works great.  And yes
you can set up the default tax table to use.

File==>Properties   you can set the default customer and vendor tax
tables.

Setting up the GST accounts, set up a master GST account with three sub
accounts, GST paid, GST collected, GST payments.  The master account
shows the running balance.

The invoicing also has a number of tax options you can set.

--
Brian Dolbec <brian_dolbec at telus.net>