Problem - Can't set Transaction before Current Date

Claus Aranha caranha at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 23:56:17 EST 2006

Hello GnuCash Community,

I have began using gnucash this weekend, and it seems a great program.
However, I'm having some trouble setting new past transactions and I
would like some help on this.

I'm using v 2.0.2 (debian unstable package, built from r14936 on
2006-10-12.).    My system has japanese Locale set up as default
(which gnucash seems to correctly detect, by setting the dates to use
japanese names for year/month/day, and setting the currency for
Japanese Yen.

I'm trying to use gnucash as a personal finance manager. I enter my
assets on saturday night, no problems, and on sunday I go on a trip.
So today I get back home, and insert the trip expenses on the file.
But, when I look at the transaction log (ledger), all the expenses are
set to 1901 as their date! I When I try to manually edit the
transfers, I cannot set the transfer date to a past date (from today).
And whenever I try to create a new transfer with a date in the past,
the date will be recorded as 1901.  If I'm in the new transaction
screen, I can try to input the date by using the calendar, but if I
click on the date field after choosing the calendar date, the date
will revert to 1901 again. Setting transfers to the current date works
fine, though.

IF I set my locale to C or en_*, I can enter past transactions without
a problem - but this is a crutch.

Is this already reported as a bug? or is there anything I can to to
provide more information to solve it?

Thanks,

--
Claus Aranha