Income from Retirement Investments?

Ariel asgnucash at dsgml.com
Mon Nov 13 17:24:16 EST 2006

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, Dennis Craven wrote:

> For the time being, I've created an Income:RPP Income account to put the
> offset into, but it seems as though this will inflate my income and
> therefore skew my monthly Income Statements as this isn't *really* income
> given that the money is essentially useless to me until I reach 65 years of
> age.

I had a similar issue, and I decided to create two unconnected files
(household.xac, and retirement.xac).

Since I can't touch the retirement money anyway, I didn't really need to
be able to transfer from/to other gnucash accounts with it, and the
numbers were messing up my reports (not just income but also assets).

I figure I can export/import the retirement accounts into my main file
once I can touch that money.

 	-Ariel