trying to install GnuCash 2.0.0 on a Mac Intel/OSX (Tiger)

Clint & Jennifer Herron hanclintonnyx at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 20:46:57 EST 2006

Argh!

I tried to follow the instructions at captnswing.net, but it's still
not working!  I have been working on this for about a week now.  Is
there any hope?

I successfully got through the fact that fink would not install a
recent enough version of Glib2, or popt, only to have it give me this
upon running make:

ld: Undefined symbols:
_g_intern_static_string referenced from libgnomevfs-2 expected to be
defined in libglib-2
_g_type_register_static_simple referenced from libgnomevfs-2 expected
to be defined in libgobject-2
_g_thread_pool_set_sort_function referenced from libgnomevfs-2
expected to be defined in libglib-2
_g_slice_alloc referenced from libgconf-2 expected to be defined in libglib-2
_g_slice_alloc0 referenced from libgconf-2 expected to be defined in libglib-2
_g_slice_free1 referenced from libgconf-2 expected to be defined in libglib-2
_g_listenv referenced from libbonobo-activation expected to be defined
in libglib-2
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[4]: *** [libgsf-gnome-1.la] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

What now?