how to generate accurate reports for any date in the past?

Philippe A. futhark77 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 20:46:53 EST 2006

Hi,

I would like to compare my current assets value with the end of last year. I
generated two asset piechart reports and set their date accordingly. While
todays amount is accurate, last year's is not. It about 1.5% off with Weighted
Average price source select. It is 11% off with most recent and nearest in
time price sources.

What I want is to be sure of the following:

current_2006_assets - 2006_revenue = end_2005_assets + 2006_revenue

I know it's easy to calculate by hand, isn't that something the software
should do? Unless I am missing an accounting principle or there is something
I should know about reports?

Thanks!