Quick Q's regarding MacOSX install of Gnucash 2.0.2

Gilles Gariepy gariepy.g at videotron.ca
Fri Nov 17 09:24:48 EST 2006

Hello everyone,

I am currently running Gnucash 1.8 via Fink. I would like to upgrade to
version 2.0.2 but it appears that I either can't do it via Fink or that it
seems rather complicated. I am not a developer :< so I really don't have the
background to understand all of the stuff required.

It appears I can do this rather simply with MacPorts. My questions are:

* Do I need to uninstall the older version of Gnucash first?
* Do I need to uninstall Fink?
* Should I backup my data first ;>)?

Thanks
Gilles