New user struggling.

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Sun Nov 19 14:22:42 EST 2006

Bill scripst:
> migrate to a Linux OS.  At present, I am trying Ubuntu 6.0.  GNUCash is

There is no such thing as Ubuntu 6.0. If you are talking about 6.06 then
it has gnucash 1.8.12-6ubuntu3. However, if you have the latest Ubuntu
6.10, then that has gnucash 2.0.1-3ubuntu3. I would strongly recommend to
use the latest Ubuntu, or (to use this opportunity to make ad for my
employer) get Fedora Core 6
(http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution,
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC6ReleaseSummary,
http://preview.tinyurl.com/yae6ds) -- we have gnucash-2.0.2-1.fc6 and we
are very nice guys as well ;-).

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

A child can go only so far in life without potty training.  It
is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents
were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's
state legislators.
        -- Dave Barry