Memorized Transaction Issue

Ed P paq237 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 16:27:18 EST 2006

Hi All

I installed GC 2.0.2 this weekend and was quite happy to see it
compile and run successfully.  I've been using 1.x for about seven
years with a great deal of success.  My environment is FreeBSD 6.1.

I seem to be having a non-fatal, but severe issue where register
entries that are to a known merchant do not allow me to alter the
dollar value from the last entry.

With 1.x, I've grown accustomed to tabbing across a register row and
having the account-name value auto-populate (if the merchant is known
from a previous entry).  I could then enter a new dollar value and tab
again - this would complete the transaction entry... Very quick - very
simple.

In 2.0.2, what I see in the same scenario is my cursor skipping over
the account field (which remains _blank_) and then having the cursor
being placed in the "Increase" dollar-value field (I'm entering CC
purchases, so it skips over the "decrease" field as it should).  Upon
entering the new value in the field and hitting tab, I notice that the
transaction is entered into the register, but the dollar value I
provided is replaced with the value of the last transaction I entered
with this merchant.

I am able to go back to the entered transaction and change the dollar
value, but this is, of course, unacceptable for day-to-day use.  I
don't want to have to enter my transactions twice. :)

Transactions that are entered for "new", unknown merchants work just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much.

--
Ed P.