Berkshire Hathaway Class B Quotes from Yahoo

Mark Gannon mark at truenorth.nu
Mon Nov 20 15:17:12 EST 2006

Hello,

Can someone help me figure out the right way to enter the ticker symbol for
Berkshire Hathaway's class b shares?  It seems like every site I use has a
little different syntax.  For example, Yahoo finance, the site I'm using for
quotes with Gnucash, uses brk-b.  When I use that in the Gnucash Security
Editor, I get an error when using the Price editor to retieve the quote.

I traced the transaction, and Gnucash is including the "-" in the URL.  The
relevant field is:
GET /d?f=snl1d1t1c1p2vbapomwerr1dyj1qa2c4&e=.csv&s=BEQGX+STSCX+DODIX+SWANX+VGTSX+INTC+DLTR+MDT+BRK-b+WAT
HTTP/1.1\r\n

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Mark Gannon

--
"I am an idealist. I don't know where I am going,
but I am on my way."

- Carl Sandburg