Thanks for GnuCash

Steve Hall digitect at dancingpaper.com
Sat Nov 25 23:15:27 EST 2006

Hi all (especially devs),

Long time GnuCash user here (June 2003), and I just wanted to say
thanks for the development effort that has gone on for all that time.

I upgraded to 2.0 via Fedora Core 6 and was frankly expecting a whole
lot of difficulty in migrating my data. To date I haven't noticed a
single problem. And the new GUI-conforming widget set is a great
addition.

As a pure user who has never given anything back to this particular
project, I've been incredibly impressed by both the application's
performance and usability. A lot of projects talk big, but GnuCash
carries the stick. Ironically, the rather busy mailing list sometimes
conveys a tone contrary to the steady one of the application itself. I
know that whenever I sit down to do personal finances, the only
numbers I have to worry about are my own. GnuCash is a great tool!

Thanks again.

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]