Gnucash vs. QuickBooks

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Nov 27 18:29:16 EST 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 10:01, Denise M. Kauf wrote:
> I would like to get opinions from Gnucash users on how Gnucash compares
> to QuickBooks. I am trying to help someone determine if they can start
> using Gnucash instead of QuickBooks. What are the pros and cons of
> Gnucash compared to QuickBooks. Can any user comfortably use Gnucash or
> do you need to be a programmer? Thanks.

To use Gnucash you need a computer running a Linux variant. If you are very
smart you can make it happen on a Mac but you would need a lot of experience.
I found quickbooks completely unusable and dumped it within a week.
Gnucash use needs no programming skills.

--
The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and
robbers there will be.