Geometry Problems -- *Negative* screen placement of windows

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed Nov 29 14:21:45 EST 2006

At Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:10:06 -0500 Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Sounds like a Window Manager bug to me.  :)

But shouldn't the window manager be getting *proper* wm_hints from the
application?  None of the *other* applications I use seem to have this
problem (at least not that I have noticed), except when code *I* am
working on has a computational error when computing the geometry values
to pass to the window manager, at which point it is clearly a bug in my
code (generally a failure to check for a boundry condition).