A place for new bills...

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Oct 6 04:04:36 EDT 2006

On Friday 06 October 2006 01:49, r3al1tych3ck wrote:

> I was wondering about entering bills as I received them.  Would a good
> way to do this be something like setting up an "Unpaid Bills" liability
> account?

Hi,

This feature exists in gnucash, under the slightly scary-sounding "Business"
menu.

Virtually all the bills for my business are entered into an Accounts Payable
(A/P) liability account, against the appropriate expense account.  At some
stage in the future, there is a payment from checking -> A/P.

Works well, and will also remind you of bills due upon startup.
The only thing you can't do is set up a scheduled transaction for regular
bills. :-(

Look in the concepts guide, and see if it might work for you.

HTH,
Maf.