GNUCash and Canadian (Ontario) Mortgages

Jason jason at cougarcorp.net
Tue Oct 10 17:32:17 EDT 2006

I've just recently gotten myself my first mortgage. Yay. I think ;)

I'm having problems getting GNUCash to properly recognize it. I have a
statement here from the bank with all the info on it, but when I try to
use it, GNUCash wants to make payments that are totally out of whack
with what the bank says it should be.

Has anyone else used GNUCash with a Canadian/Ontario mortgage? How did
you make it work properly? Right now, I'm calling my bank every two
weeks to ask how much of my payment went to principle vs. interest...
I'd like to be able to do it independently of the bank!

Thanks

Jason