GNUCash and Canadian (Ontario) Mortgages

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 11 22:18:51 EDT 2006

I almost hate to say it: RTFM (Read the fine mortgage :-)  (Sorry,
couldn't resist.)

The way mine is written (Calgary, AB), the interest is added on every
six months, and then my payments go against the total.  Unfortunately, I
did not find my fine mortgage to be clearly written.  I had to spend an
hour or two with a spreadsheet trying different scenarios for
calculating the interest before I managed to get my interest calculation
agreeing with their total (within <$1) of what the mortgage said I would
pay.

I'm guessing from your post that your mortgage interest is calculated
differently.  I suspect you may need to calculate it outside of gnucash
too and manually enter it like I did.  Probably not the answer you were
hoping for....

Mark