Budgets and scheduled transactions

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Oct 15 20:45:55 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 11:03 -0700, Grant wrote:
> It seems like the budgeting process should be integrated with the
> scheduled transactions.  That way I could schedule my Coke buys once
> and then see it reflected in the budget.
>
> Am I missing something?

Nope.  It seems like they should be integrated to myself (SX author) and
Chris (Budgeting author) as well.  We've talked about it, but neither of
us is working on it at present.

One thing I'm hoping on doing in the `sx-cleanup` branch I've been
working on is move from the Freq[uency]Spec[ification] objects (that
SXes use to represent recurring events) to the Recurrence objects (that
Budgeting uses).  That'll help a little bit, but it's a small fraction
the overall effort to get those two subsystems working together.

--
...jsled