transfer funds dialog unusable (2.0.1 on gentoo)

Pav, Steven E Steven.Pav at TycoHealthcare.com
Wed Oct 25 14:26:50 EDT 2006

Hi;

I recently upgraded to GC 2.0.1 on two Gentoo systems (both x86).  I now
find the transfer funds dialog to behave erratically:
 HOW IT USED TO WORK (1.8.11):
 click on an account in account tree, type ctrl T, enter amount, go to
description field, start typing. when you have typed the prefix of a
description of a past transaction, it fills in the field and sets the
transfer to account to that of the past transaction.  Usually there is
only one past transaction with that prefix, and clicking OK enters the
transaction, but it would always highlight the part the `completion' of
the description (the part I had not typed, but which matched the past
transaction).  If I continued to type in the description field, I could
disambiguate from multiple transaction types with a common prefix.  I
was used to this behaviour from 2 years of using GC.
 HOW IT WORKS NOW:
 click on an account in account tree, type ctrl T, enter amount, go to
description field, start typing. when you have typed the prefix of a
description of a past transaction, it fills in the field.  *** It does
not highlight the completion. If you keep typing, it is filled in to the
front of the description field.  You can get the highlight, I have
found, by moving focus away from the transfer funds window, then back,
or by hitting the alt key. Moreover, the match to the previous
transaction has the Transfer From and Transfer To accounts reversed.
This happens with accounts upgraded from 1.8 as well as a fresh new
account tree I started in 2.0.1.  To get around this, I have started
transferring negative amounts backwards.  Essentially the account in the
tree that I had originally clicked is now the transfer to account,
instead of the transfer from, as was in the case <2.0.0. ***

This is very annoying for me.  Is this a GC problem, a gentoo problem or
a QT/KDE problem?  Any hints?

thanks,

--sep

[ Steven E. Pav, Ph.D.            Steven.Pav at TycoHealthcare.com ]
[ Senior Scientist, Tech. Dev.               WORK: 925.463.4253 ]
[ Nellcor, Tyco Healthcare                   FACS: 925.463.4210 ]
[ a palindrome:                                      tools loot ]
[ Please Note: The information in this E-mail message may be    ]
[ legally privileged and confidential information intended only ]
[ for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you, the     ]
[ reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you   ]
[ are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate,  ]
[ distribute, or forward this E-mail message. If you have       ]
[ received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender and   ]
[ promptly delete the original message. Thank you.              ]