QFX file import

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 27 10:34:20 EDT 2006

On Oct 27, 2006, at 9:46 AM, Mike Sussman wrote:

> Hello, folks.  I am a brand-new user and I want to use gnucash to
> track
> my investments.  My broker provides QFX files of transactions, etc.  I
> tried using version 1.8.10, but the QFX file import did not work
> for me,
> so I installed 2.0.2 from source.  I cannot find QFX file import in
> this
> new version!  I cannot find a reference to it in the help, either.
>
> Has QFX file import been removed from gnucash?  Is there some
> additional
> step I must take to have it included?
>
> --
> Mike Sussman
> msussman at na-net.ornl.gov

Did you have --enable-ofx among the configure parameters when you
built 2.0.2?

What didn't work in 1.8.10? I used QFX importing extensively for
investment transactions in that version. There are a couple quirks
with my broker's files (Ameritrade), but they seem to be related to
limitations in libofx (doesn't handle open orders, for example).

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net