QFX file import

Mike Sussman msussman at na-net.ornl.gov
Sat Oct 28 11:26:10 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 10:34 -0400, David Reiser wrote:
> On Oct 27, 2006, at 9:46 AM, Mike Sussman wrote:
>
> > Hello, folks.  I am a brand-new user and I want to use gnucash to
> > track
> > my investments.  My broker provides QFX files of transactions, etc.  I
> > tried using version 1.8.10, but the QFX file import did not work
> > for me,
> > so I installed 2.0.2 from source.  I cannot find QFX file import in
> > this
> > new version!  I cannot find a reference to it in the help, either.
> >
> > Has QFX file import been removed from gnucash?  Is there some
> > additional
> > step I must take to have it included?
> >
> > --
> > Mike Sussman
> > msussman at na-net.ornl.gov
> >
> Did you have --enable-ofx among the configure parameters when you
> built 2.0.2?
>
> What didn't work in 1.8.10? I used QFX importing extensively for
> investment transactions in that version. There are a couple quirks
> with my broker's files (Ameritrade), but they seem to be related to
> limitations in libofx (doesn't handle open orders, for example).
>
> Dave
> --
> David Reiser
> dbreiser at earthlink.net

Thanks, Dave, (and others) who mentioned --enable-ofx in the configure
step.  It seemed to work.  OFX/QFX is now an option under "import".

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.  The result on importing a file looks
like:
LibOFX INFO: libofx_proc_file(): File format not specified,
autodecting...
(Above message occured on Line 4294967295, Column 4294967295)
LibOFX INFO: libofx_proc_file(): Detected file format: OFX (Open
Financial eXchange (OFX or QFX))
(Above message occured on Line 4294967295, Column 4294967295)
LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
SIGNONMSGSRSV1
(Above message occured on Line 2, Column 1)
LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
SONRS
(Above message occured on Line 3, Column 1)
LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate FI
(Above message occured on Line 11, Column 1)
LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
INVSTMTMSGSRSV1
(Above message occured on Line 17, Column 1)
LibOFX INFO: Created OfxDummyContainer to hold unsupported aggregate
INVSTMTTRNRS
(Above message occured on Line 18, Column 1)
*** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0862d078 ***

A very similar set of messages happens when I use version 1.8.10.  I am
using Ubuntu Breezy Badger and the 1.8.10 came in a .deb package, so I
am pretty sure it is a good copy.  The above messages came from my
compiled version 2.0.2, on an OFX file, but I received slightly
different messages, ending in the malloc error, on two different QFX
files, all downloaded from my Merrill Lynch account.

Can anyone give me some idea of how to track this error down?

--
Mike Sussman
msussman at na-net.ornl.gov