minor gnucash 2.0 irritation

Andy Gimblett A.M.Gimblett at swansea.ac.uk
Mon Oct 30 03:48:43 EST 2006

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 08:03:58PM -0800, Dawning Sky wrote:

> I think this is the expected behavior, just like when you use an
> ATM.  Not sure about other countries, but in the US, if you want to
> withdraw or deposit, say $60.00, you'll have to key in 6000.

Wow.  That's amazing.  So, do your ATMs also dispense cents?  You
could ask for 60.01?  Or 60.50?

In the UK, I've never seen an ATM which dispensed anything other than
notes.  The smallest denomination note we have is 5 pounds.  ATMs
which dispense 5s are increasingly rare, so usually you just enter a
multiple of 10.  60 would be entered as just 60.  (Actually, usually I
just hit the shortcut button for 10 pounds or 20, since that's usually
what I want.)

So from my POV, having to explicitly enter a decimal point to start
entering pennies is exactly the behaviour I'd expect.

Just my 0.02 UKP ;-)

-Andy

--
Andy Gimblett