generating reports takes minutes

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Oct 30 15:20:50 EST 2006

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 04:58, Fred Schaer wrote:
>  It's like gnucash was
> processing all records for all years/months ...
>
> Any idea is welcome :)
>
> Fred
>

> >> Can I delete a few years data ? and how ?

There are those who archive data and start again for the next financial year.
I timed one of my instances starting up, which is reading a 9.0MB file.
With 2 small custom reports, a liabilities over time graph and a cash flow it
came to 24.31 sec.
Without cash flow18.51sec.
The processor is a Celeron 2300 I think.
so for me, using 1.8.12 it only take 6 sec to generate a cash flow report

--
The mature bohemian is one whose woman works full time.

--
Sam:  What's new, Norm?
Norm: Most of my wife.

Coach: Beer, Norm?
Norm:  Naah, I'd probably just drink it.
		-- Cheers, Now Pitching, Sam Malone

Coach: What's doing, Norm?
Norm:  Well, science is seeking a cure for thirst.  I happen
       to be the guinea pig.
		-- Cheers, Let Me Count the Ways