Writing cheques

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 8 09:39:16 EDT 2006

Well, this is the first I remember hearing about this.  Can you
file an RFE for this?

The qif parser will check through all the date entries and try to
disambiguate.  The problem, of course, is that QIF /IS/ ambiguous.
But if you see a date like 2006-13-01 you know exactly what format
you've got.  Whereas 06-03-01 is completely ambiguous.  So...  the
parser doesn't its best to figure out what the possible date formats
are based on the data you've got, and will ask the user to choose from
the resultant versions.

Yeah, it could probably be updated to make the locale format the
default choice (assuming the locale date format IS a possible choice).

-derek