Finance::Quote

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Wed Sep 13 11:49:41 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 20:24 -0600, Guy Bergeson wrote:
> I have attempted to load Finance::Quote.  As directed in the users
> manual after the perl script finishes I try to run "dump-finance-quote".
> Here are the results:
>
> [guy at Betelgeuse ~]$ dump-finance-quote
> /usr/bin/dump-finance-quote cannot find all the Perl modules needed to
> run.
> You need to install the following Perl modules:
>   Finance::Quote
> Run 'update-finance-quote' as root to install them.
>
> So I follow instructions and get:
>
> [root at Betelgeuse guy]# update-finance-quote
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
>   Database was generated on Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:45:56 GMT
> LWP is up to date.
> Date::Manip is up to date.
> HTML::Parser is up to date.
> Finance::Quote is up to date.
>

> How do I fix this?????

Your perl installation is broken somehow.  All the dump-finance-quote
program is doing is making a call to perl, asking "do you have this
module?"  The left hand of perl says no, the right hand (when you run
update-finance-quote) says yes.

You've provided no specifics as to what kind of system you're using.  Is
it Mac OS, Linux (which distribution), something else?  You're running
gnucash 1.8 based on the commands you're using.  (2.0.1 is the latest.)
What do you get from the command "find /usr -name Quote.pm"?

David