importing transactions from other systems

Rich Duzenbury rduz at theduz.com
Mon Sep 18 01:10:06 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been reading up on importing transactions, and have run into a few
questions which I hope you can help with.  I've got a web based system
that generates invoices, but then they have to be hand recorded into
gnucash.

As I understand, gnucash cannot currently import accounts receivable
invoices or accounts payable bills.  Is this correct?

However, It seems that I should be able to write some code to build a
file that could be imported into the AR and AP ledgers.  Is this
correct?

Any help and advice on importing invoices or bills, or at least their
underlying transactions would be greatly appreciated.  I have managed to
find a few bits on google, but not much regarding AP & AR.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rich