report writer needed: cash available

Tom Yates madlists at teaparty.net
Sun Sep 24 06:36:22 EDT 2006

I'm a church treasurer, and I use GnuCash for keeping the church's books.
I need a particular kind of report.  Specifically, I need one that can run
through an expense or income category (eg, Church Hall Hire) and summarise
income and expenditure, almost all of which are split transactions, by
following the split to the memo in the transaction in the bank account
category.

I am no programmer, and I have no idea how to do this.  Is anyone willing
to write this report for me, in exchange for a reasonable amount of money?

I'd expect the report itself to be released under the GPL.  In order to be
sure it worked I would expect to have to send you the live church accounts
for development and testing, which means (a) you'd have to sign a
confidentiality agreement and (b) you'd have to be inside the EU (data
protection).

If anyone interested in taking this task on could drop me a line, I'd very
much appreciate it.

--

   Tom Yates
   Cambridge, UK.