Odd Vendor Bill

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 2 10:58:22 EDT 2007

"Tuc at Beach House" <tuctboh at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
>      I record all bills as liabilities:A/P . I had an instance where someone
> that autobills my bank account gave me a credit over what my monthly bill
> was. So now in Liabilities:AP there is a -140.01 charge. But instead of
> carrying over to the next month they issued me a credit. How do I tell the
> bill its paid and then put that against Assets:Checking Account?

So the bill was e.g. $100 but they pulled out $240.01 from your account?
And then they made a second transaction and gave you the $140.01 back
into your account?

Well, you can do it in three ways:

  1) You can unpost the last bill, put the credit memo there, and then repost.
  2) You can "process payment" for the extra amount
  3) You can not worry about it and just apply it yourself to the next month.