Shares correct, Price 0 in Accounts tree

David Hampton gnucash at love2code.net
Wed Apr 4 17:08:15 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 15:38 -0500, John K. Taber wrote:

> Well, you made me look. Locale and currency were ok. It turns out that
> TYPE in the Commodity editor was misidentified as NYSE, while the
> account type in the Editor (in the Account Tree) was Mutual Fund.
>
> The poor thing was confused. So was I.
>
> Using the Commodity editor to change the TYPE to FUND fixed the problem.

That makes absolutely no sense whatever.  Aside from the special type
name "currency", gnucash couldn't care less what other type names are
used in the commodity editor.  The type names of "red, blue, and
spaghetti" have the same meaning to gnucash as "nyse, nasdaq, and fund".
They are solely used for the grouping of like commodities.

David