Mortgage weidness

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 9 10:55:44 EDT 2007

"Tuc at Beach House" <tuctboh at gmail.com> writes:

>       On April 14th the  "equity accelerator" company deducts $2002.50 from my
> bank account.  For that 2002.50, 2.50 is a fee they collect for themselves for
> providing the service to me. The $2000 they hold on to .  On April 28th they
> take another $2002.50 out of my bank account. They keep the 2.50 for
> themselves, and still hold onto 2000 of it. On May 5th when my mortgage is
> due, the equity accelerator company takes the $4000 they have and give it to
> the mortgage company. The $5 doesn't get sent since its a fee I pay to the
> equity accelerator company. So when they collect the $2000 each time, its
> REALLY not in my banks hands yet. I guess I could just say that its as good as
> the bank having it and call it a day. I was just asking if because of some of
> the below then it might make sense to keep in a "holding account" of some sort
> before it actually gets used to pay the actual mortgage.

AHH, I see.  So you really have TWO sets of accounts:

   Liability:Mortgage                     (L:M)
   Assets:Equity Accelerator              (A:EA)
   Assets:Checking                        (A:C)

Then you have:

   Expenses:EA Fees                       (E:EF)
   Expenses:Mortgage Interest             (E:MI)
   Income:EA Interest                     (I:EI)

Now, you have three transactions per month (approximately) here.
Every two weeks you have: