Tuc at Beach House tuctboh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 23:10:14 EDT 2007

On 4/9/07, Dan Black <philippines at charter.net> wrote:

> I believe that the last line of Knoppix  disks has GnuCash 2.0.x

Hi All,

     Turned out the Knoppix only had gnucash on the DVD, which I couldn't
burn. I finally found "PCLinuxOS 2007" and was able to load gnucash
2.0.5onto it.  My file loaded in fine it seemed. I saved it back out,
and then
tried to load it into the Windows version. It claimed to load the file fine,
but nothing showed up. I went back and saved it out as uncompressed, and
THAT seems to load into Windows ok. I'm still double checking it.

     SO, to be able to load my 1.8.12 uncompressed files on 2.0.99 Winderz I
first have to reboot onto a LiveCD and over the network load Gnucash, then
save it out as uncompressed. A bit of a hike to get there, but I guess
having to deal with Winderz is like that. ;)

Tuc