Post To Question

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Thu Apr 12 17:14:28 EDT 2007

funzero wrote:
> I am a newbie and keep records for a small non profit.  GnuCash has been
> working well for us - at least for two weeks.  I wanted to try something -
> using customers to track donors.  To do this I would show a donation as a
> payment associated to a customer.  The  payments would go into an A/R
> account that was undeposited checks.  When deposited it would be moved to
> the appropriate account such as checking.  I set up a customer and tried to
> do a payment but it says that don;t have a post to account.  I did set up a
> A/R account under Assets but still cannot get a post to to show up.  What do
> I need to do.

You need a Revenue or Income account for each as well.  In fact, you
could probably dispense with using the A/R, unless you have donors who
donate on a regular basis, or you hold post-dated cheques.  I assume
that you do not have a large number of donors - what you're proposing
could be time-consuming.

HTH

Cam

--