unable to read gnucash file

René Brandenburger rene at brandenburger.lu
Fri Apr 13 10:57:32 EDT 2007

Hi list,

for a long time i had no trouble with gnucash, but now i got the
following:

i entered some transactions and saved the file (ok so far)
i closed the application (no problem so far)
the next day i wanted to open start working on the file again, here is
where the trouble began:
a dialog box pops up telling me there was a problem reading the file, no
indication what went wrong, starting the application on the comandline
with --debug does not print out any clue about what went wrong :-(

is there a way to get more information on what goes wrong here ?

using gnucash 2.0.4 compiled from sources on ubuntu

thanks in advance

rene brandenburger

ps: i was able to recover the data from the backup and log files, but i
would like to know what went wrong there, as i don't want to rely on
backup-log-replay to keep me up working ...