Fund raising and donors

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Fri Apr 13 23:04:37 EDT 2007

On 14 Apr 07, at 2:40, Lewis Overton wrote:

> Please share what you learn about tracking donors, preferably on the
> list. I'm also a non-profit Treasurer, with the same need.
>
> I suspect Gnucash is used by a lot of non-profits. I would even like
> to see a sub-group on the list devoted to non-profit usage.

Well here in Hong Kong i doubt many NGOs or non-profits use GnuCash, as
it is Linux and "free software" and that's scary. They're not exactly
progressive in that field or so.

I mean, Windows you can get virtually for free, too! So everyone uses
Windows. A copy of Vista (if you really want) you can get on the market
for the equivalent of say US$10, won't be more.

And in my wife's case, she's to keep track of donors, not donations as
such. No bookkeeping involved, that's for the accountant. She needs a
kind of customer relationship management software, but then
specifically for donors. GnuCash is not suitable for that purpose.

Wouter.