Import QIF Hangs

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Apr 14 09:05:05 EDT 2007

Quoting Eldon Ziegler <eldonz at atlanticdb.com>:

> I used FC6 Add/Remove Software to install GnuCash and tried to import
> the QIF produced by Quicken. The progress bar showed it was about half
> done when it just hung; no more progress and the GnuCash parts of the
> screen weren't being updated. Help - About shows this version is GnuCash
> 2.0.5 built from r15617 on 2007-02-19.

What stage of the QIF import?
What, if anything, is printed on the terminal?
What, if anything, is printed in /tmp/gnucash.trace?
Is this reproducible?  (Does it happen if you try it again?)

If it happens again, can you gdb attach to the gnucash process
and get a stacktrace?  (See http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Stacktrace )
In your case you wouldn't need to "continue" the process after you
attach to it.

Thanks,