Yahoo Europe doesn't work

Klaus Dahlke klaus.dahlke at gmx.de
Sun Apr 15 05:26:36 EDT 2007

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:05:58 +0200 (CEST)
Jo Oost <jo.vanoost at orange.nl> wrote:

> Klaus wrote:
> > Datum: 13/04/07 09:43 PM
> > Van: "Klaus Dahlke" <klaus.dahlke at gmx.de>
> > Aan: "gnucash-list" <gnucash-user at lists.gnucash.org>
> > Onderwerp : Yahoo Europe doesn't work
> > Hi all,
> > I just tried to update my share price, but get an error resp. no result when retrieving stock price from Yahoo Europe.
> > A quick check showed when accessing http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv as the relevant URL for Yahoo Europe,
> >just an empty data set is returned, or the be more accurate, the file quotes.csv contains just the line 'Missing Symbols List.'
> > Does anybody know whether that is just temporary (quotes.csv will be available next week or so again) or needs Europe.pm a major rework?
> Don't know whether it's a temporary thing but yesterday I decided to get my Dutch quotes from the source :-)
> Depending on what quotes you need, AEX instead of Yahoo source may be of help. As of yesterday I set the price source to dutch(AEX, ...) for my Dutch quotes. In which case
> you may have to change some or all your commodity symbols. Check those on http://www.euronext.com/
> Regards,
> Johan

Hi Johan,
thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, AEX shows only the trading at the Amsterdam stock exchange and I rely on XETRA DAX figures.  Currently, I switched to VWD as source (some adjustment of  needed, it is the plain WKN for accessing VWD).

Let's see and wait.

Best regards,
Klaus