Yahoo Europe doesn't work

Jo Oost jo.vanoost at orange.nl
Sat Apr 14 05:05:58 EDT 2007

Klaus wrote:
> Datum: 13/04/07 09:43 PM
> Van: "Klaus Dahlke" <klaus.dahlke at gmx.de>
> Aan: "gnucash-list" <gnucash-user at lists.gnucash.org>
> Onderwerp : Yahoo Europe doesn't work
> Hi all,
> I just tried to update my share price, but get an error resp. no result when retrieving stock price from Yahoo Europe.
> A quick check showed when accessing http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv as the relevant URL for Yahoo Europe,
>just an empty data set is returned, or the be more accurate, the file quotes.csv contains just the line 'Missing Symbols List.'
> Does anybody know whether that is just temporary (quotes.csv will be available next week or so again) or needs Europe.pm a major rework?
Don't know whether it's a temporary thing but yesterday I decided to get my Dutch quotes from the source :-)
Depending on what quotes you need, AEX instead of Yahoo source may be of help. As of yesterday I set the price source to dutch(AEX, ...) for my Dutch quotes. In which case
you may have to change some or all your commodity symbols. Check those on http://www.euronext.com/
Regards,
Johan