GnuCash 2.1.0 build failure on Mac OSX / Fink

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Sun Apr 15 18:20:44 EDT 2007

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 15.04.2007, 15:04 -0700 schrieb weiv:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried building gc 2.1.0 on my MacBook Pro. I have stable gc
> running there (2.0.5) through Fink. I have tried to use instructions
> on http://captnswing.net/2006/07/10/gnucash20_on_intel_macs.html for
> building (this worked before gc 2 was integrated in Fink).
>
> This is what I have done:
> fink selfupdate
> fink update-all
>
> then:
> export CFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -I/sw/include"
> export CPPFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -I/sw/include"
> export LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib"
> export PATH=$PATH:/sw/share/guile/1.6/scripts/binoverride/
> ./configure --with-g-wrap-prefix=/sw --enable-compile-warnings

--with-g-wrap-prefix is not needed for GnuCash >= 2.1, because of the
switch to SWIG.

> make

> GnuCash starts to build, and build fails in link stage like this:
[...]
> ld: multiple definitions of symbol _gnc_module_current
> .libs/gncmod-register-gnome.o definition of _gnc_module_current in
> section (__DATA,__data)
[...]
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
[...]
> Any ideas how to fix this?
>
> Thanks!

Quoting Dave Reiser[1]:
"""
I'm pretty sure this is the classic case of Apple has a program named
libtool (which I think ships in /usr/bin) that has absolutely nothing to
do with the libtool _everybody_ else uses. That's where the glibtool
substitution comes in.
"""

-- andi5

[1]