GnuCash 2.1.0 build failure on Mac OSX / Fink

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 15 21:30:19 EDT 2007

On 15 Apr 2007, at 6:20:44 PM, Andreas Köhler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Sonntag, den 15.04.2007, 15:04 -0700 schrieb weiv:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried building gc 2.1.0 on my MacBook Pro. I have stable gc
>> running there (2.0.5) through Fink. I have tried to use instructions
>> on http://captnswing.net/2006/07/10/gnucash20_on_intel_macs.html for
>> building (this worked before gc 2 was integrated in Fink).
>>
>> This is what I have done:
>> fink selfupdate
>> fink update-all
>>
>> then:
>> export CFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -I/sw/include"
>> export CPPFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -I/sw/include"
>> export LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib"
>> export PATH=$PATH:/sw/share/guile/1.6/scripts/binoverride/
>> ./configure --with-g-wrap-prefix=/sw --enable-compile-warnings
>
> --with-g-wrap-prefix is not needed for GnuCash >= 2.1, because of the
> switch to SWIG.
>
>> make
>
>> GnuCash starts to build, and build fails in link stage like this:
> [...]
>> ld: multiple definitions of symbol _gnc_module_current
>> .libs/gncmod-register-gnome.o definition of _gnc_module_current in
>> section (__DATA,__data)
> [...]
>> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> [...]
>> Any ideas how to fix this?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> Quoting Dave Reiser[1]:
> """
> I'm pretty sure this is the classic case of Apple has a program named
> libtool (which I think ships in /usr/bin) that has absolutely
> nothing to
> do with the libtool _everybody_ else uses. That's where the glibtool
> substitution comes in.
> """
>
> -- andi5
>
> [1]
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2007-February/
> 019850.html

Um. Has anyone actually tried building the release tarball without
swig around? I could give it a try because I hide swig in /opt,
outside my path.

Since weiv has gnucash2 from fink, the gnu libtool (glibtool
disguised fink's libtool14 package) should already be available. As
long as /sw/bin is earlier in the path than /usr/bin, then when
libtoolize gets called, it'll be the symlink in /sw/bin pointed at
glibtoolize, that then should call glibtool accordingly.

So my first guess is: check your path for /sw/bin before /usr/bin.

Then make sure you haven't removed fink's libtool14 package.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net