2.1 check printing

Ron Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Tue Apr 17 22:35:47 EDT 2007

First, congratulations to the entire development and support
team for the new release.  I know we don't get the
opportunity to thank all of you for your efforts anywhere
nearly as often as you deserve.

I downloaded the tarball and built 2.1 on Kubuntu 7.04(rc)
without incident (unlike 2.0.5 which I never did get to
build from source) and all dependencies were resolved from
within Kubuntu 7.04's repositories.  Well done.

The only anomalies I've spotted so far are in the revised
check printing module (thankyouthankyouthankyou).  First,
the Quicken/Quickbooks format selection is
incorrect...using Quicken form number 519036 (3/05) the
amount (words) line prints about 1/2 line too low on HP
inkjet with the CUPS/Gutenprint driver. The other fields
are fine. As is the more reasonable font.

In the custom format settings the "amount (numbers)"
settings actually controls where "amount (words)" prints
and the other way around.  Should I submit a formal bug
report on this?

I'm not griping, but will note for the record the old custom
format origin at the lower left of the paper and the new
format's origin at upper left means all of the custom
formats I defined for previous versions of GnuCash no
longer work with 2.1. Once I determined which fields
control which settings converting the formats was trivial,
but mildly annoying.

Ron Morse