How is gnucash working on the mac?

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 18 02:28:06 EDT 2007

On 18 Apr 2007, at 1:53:04 AM, Oliver Iberien wrote:

> I'm getting pretty close to cashiering my FreeBSD system and
> getting a Mac.
> Looking over recent postings, I see the problems people have had
> getting
> gnucash to run on the Mac, and I don't see any stable distributions at
> fink.com. but presumably there are more success stories than
> failures? Are
> there reasonable numbers of people out there happily getting it to
> work?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Oliver

The reason fink doesn't have a stable gnucash2 is that I chose to
package aqbanking with it. Fink's conservative outlook on
cryptography implementation will keep the full gnucash2 out of
stable. I have managed to get everything but online banking linked
against Apple's crypto distributions so that I will be able to get a
stable package submitted once several more dependencies are upgraded
in stable. The stable/binary version will be missing hbci (German
online banking) and ofxdirectconnect. Regular OFX imports from files
will be present.

I have had positive feedback from both ppc and intel based Mac users
regarding gnucash2 2.0.5.

The latest problem has been with 2.1 on intel Macs, and I think Derek
has stomped on that tonight. 2.2 won't be out for a while yet, anyway.
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net