How is gnucash working on the mac?

Beth Leonard beth at oasis.slimy.com
Wed Apr 18 02:16:38 EDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 10:53:04PM -0700, Oliver Iberien wrote:
> I'm getting pretty close to cashiering my FreeBSD system and getting a Mac.
> Looking over recent postings, I see the problems people have had getting
> gnucash to run on the Mac, and I don't see any stable distributions at
> fink.com. but presumably there are more success stories than failures? Are
> there reasonable numbers of people out there happily getting it to work?

Not what you're looking for, but I couldn't resist tossing in my $0.02
because I was so happy this turned out to be easier than I'd feared.

I have gnucash 2.0.4 running on my linux server and X running under
MacOS X (came in the intall disks from Apple, but I had to check the
box to install it as an optional package).  I use "ssh -Y" to ssh to
the linux server and run gnucash to display on the mac.  And I didn't
have to install anything at all on the mac, it just worked and I could
use my enormous macintosh screen to do my accounting.

--Beth
Beth Leonard
http://www.LeonardFamilyVideos.com