Newbie questions / howtos

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Apr 26 08:48:08 EDT 2007

On Thursday 26 Apr 2007, Stefaniu Criste wrote:

> ====[ 01 ]==================

> I need to:
> - generate the invoices to my customers in EUR,
> have the daily exchange rate inserted into the (printed) invoice
> and the final price to the customer set in RON
>
> - generate the bills for my suppliers in USD,
> have the currency rate inserted into the (printed) invoice
> and the final price I have to see on my bill in RON

I think that you might need to create/modify the invoice report template for
this,  don't really know, though, as  I don't use multiple currencies in my
business.

Why do you generate and print bills for your suppliers, though? Surely they
send you a bill in USD or whatever, and you need to record it as something to
suit you?

> ====[ 02 ]==================
> Is there a possibility to start my invoice number at a certain number
> (e.q 2550001 instead of 0000001)
> and the next invoice numbers to tontinue the started sequence ?

Yes, you need to hand edit your data file - somewhere near the top (line 50 in
my file), you should have something like this:
        <slot:key>gncInvoice</slot:key>
        <slot:value type="integer">390</slot:value>

this is the number from last invoice generated, and GC will keep count from
whatever you alter it to.  Note that it is a numeric count only.

> Where from do I change the default language ?  :-)

GC uses the $LANG setting for your gnome desktop - so I guess that the gnome
control centre would be a place to start?

HTH,
Maf.