Newbie questions / howtos

Stefaniu Criste stefaniu.criste at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 07:50:28 EDT 2007

Hello everyone, I've just started seriously using Gnu Cash and seems the
tool I need.

====[ 01 ]==================
I've tried to manage the following scenario, but got stucked (also DID
searched, with no luck).
- I have a business my supplier's currency in USD
- I have set my products prices in EUR
- I have mostly Romanian customers, with RON as main currency
- I do have online quotes working OK.

I need to:
- generate the invoices to my customers in EUR,
have the daily exchange rate inserted into the (printed) invoice
and the final price to the customer set in RON

- generate the bills for my suppliers in USD,
have the currency rate inserted into the (printed) invoice
and the final price I have to see on my bill in RON

Is this possible ?
If yes, how should I set the accounts and the invoices ?

Is there a possibility to start my invoice number at a certain number
(e.q 2550001 instead of 0000001)
and the next invoice numbers to tontinue the started sequence ?

Where from do I change the default language ?  :-)

Thank you,
Stefaniu Criste
Romania