Fixed Income Type needed

John K. Taber jktaber at charter.net
Thu Apr 26 11:15:00 EDT 2007

Well, ok. For my use I don't suppose it matters. I hold to maturity, so
I price once at par, not market.

But notes and bonds are still a subset of the class "asset." Is the
subset of "stock" for convenience of pricing? If so, some of us buy and
hold and don't price often. I price at month's end, and that may be too
much. Quarterly pricing would do.

Which reminds me. There seems to be an unconscious bias in GnuCash
towards the younger person perhaps trying to save for retirement. The
docs say Social Security is an expense. For an older person it is
income. Again, it's not a problem, just an arched eyebrow.

John