Fixed Income Type needed

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Apr 26 11:33:00 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 10:15 -0500, John K. Taber wrote:
> Which reminds me. There seems to be an unconscious bias in GnuCash
> towards the younger person perhaps trying to save for retirement. The
> docs say Social Security is an expense. For an older person it is
> income. Again, it's not a problem, just an arched eyebrow.

Contributions are always welcome. :)

For docs, an ideal contribution would be a patch against the docbook
sources at <http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash-docs/trunk/>, but
something in text or very simple html that was at least consistent that
could be massaged into shape would be better than nothing.

As for the predefined account trees ... a good approach is to start
gnucash with --nofile, create a suitable account hierarchy, then {File >
Export > Export Accounts}.  Note that this format is slightly different
from the "XEA" example account file format: the latter has a different
root element, a few extra descriptive fields at the top of the file,
then just the <gnc:account> structures from the aforementioned save
file.  Look to one of the existing .gnucash-xea files distributed with
the software for the particulars.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}