Printing account transactions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 30 18:21:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

Brendan Simon <Brendan at BrendanSimon.com> writes:

> OK.  I played around a bit more and think I know how to get what I want.
>
> If I'm in the man Accounts window/tab, I can choose "Transaction
> Report".  A new window/tab will open up with an error message saying
> there are no transactions in range.  I click on the options button and
> choose an appropriate range (and accounts) and I get what I want :)

Well, that's one way to get what you want.  Another way is to use
the "Account Report" from the Account window.

> What I was doing "wrong" was I had opened an account and focused on that
> window/tab, then chose "Account Transaction Report".  This gave me a
> report on a selected entry/record and that is it.  I couldn't change any
> date ranges or anything.  I think it is either a bug or badly named
> report.  ie. I think Account Transaction Report should be a subset of
> "Transaction Report" where it prints the transactions for that one
> account.  A single entry/record report seems a bit pointless to me,
> unless that's all you want to print I guess.

Nope, that's neither a bug nor a poorly named report.  There's the
"Transaction Report", "Account Report", and "Account Transaction Report".
Each of these are DIFFERENT reports and do different things.
The first one is available off the main menu from the CoA or Report
windows and is the flexible transaction report.

The Account Transaction Report is only available from a Register, and
it displays a single transaction, which lets you print out a single
transaction.  It will print the currently selected transaction.  If
you want to change the transaction, go back to the Register and select
something else.

The Account Report, also only available from a Register, allows you to
print the contents of the register (all the transactions).  If you want
to change the date-range or the set of transactions printed in the report
then you need to go back to the Register, adjust the register, and then
re-run the report.

Enjoy,