GnuCash 2.2.0 under Windows (problems)

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Aug 1 15:13:15 EDT 2007

No dice. I did what I proposed to do (see below) but when I brought
GnuCash up it again did not create the .gconf directory. Since I did
this without a "confirm" that I wasn't missing something else I had to
delete, there's still an off chance that this idea will work. But I'll
have to wait until somebody speaks up who knows more about the details
of what GnuCash does to configure its running environment. I must be
doing SOMETHING differently than in the tests, but what isn't obvious.

Not totally stumped since there's one more thing I can try --- do the
(same) deletes, then open GnuCash and tell it to create a "sample" new
book. Then after saving this, see what happens when I open the real
books (closer mirroring of the test). But I won't have time for that
till next week, and perhaps by then one of the developer types will have
weighed in on what might be going wrong.

Michael

****************** what I did ************

I would like to return MY account to the state it was in prior to
running GnuCash the first time (except of course for the data
representing the books). Could somebody please confirm for me the set of
directories I should delete. I believe that list is:
.gconfd
.gnome2
.gnome_private
.gnucash
.gtk-bookmarks (a file, not a directory)
(remember, I am MISSING .gconf which may be what was causing the problem
-- but were it there, it would be on this list)

Having cleared away anything that tells GnuCash that this user (myself)
has run it before, I propose to open the app and see if this time maybe
the initial configuration goes properly and I am subsequently able to
save changes.  I am pretty sure that these directories/file need to be
deleted to do that, just not sure if I might not be missing another
something from that list (besides .gconf which ISN'T present and so
needs no delete). If somebody could confirm that for me? Thanks.

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.