Printing checks - last little hitch.

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Fri Aug 3 00:41:43 EDT 2007

I found where the field positions are set in Gnucash 2+ and have a standard
Aussie check working.  The last problem is placing them vertically.  Using A4
paper, both the U.S. and A4 checks are O.K. in print preview, but print about
28 mm (1.1 inch) too high.  This is neither the difference between A4 and 11
inch paper (A4 is 17.6 mm longer) nor the bottom tear-off margin (17 mm) nor
the sum of the two.

In earlier versions, check positions were calculated from the bottom,
following Postscript.  Now they are calculated from the top, so it would seem
that there is an adjustment for page height somewhere.  I can't find it in
the config files, and the "Translation" field in checks/gnomeprint seems to
do nothing. (I used points when changing that.)

I can't find anything by googling.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Since
gnucash started in Germany, and Germany invented the international paper
sizes, someone should have made gnucash work with A4.

TIA,

Doug.
--
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it.