xac headers all unreadable!

ablot tim at ablot.com
Fri Aug 3 15:12:33 EDT 2007

Hello Derek Atkins,

... No this is MEPIS.

I have just put it onto my laptop (ie about four days ago) ... not only am I
a newbie to Linux - I also know very little techno stuff - so please be
patient with me.

What happened was I was using GNUCash ... I went to produce a new invoice
then changed my mind.
Perhaps in my impatience I went immediately to my checking account - double
clicked the date to select and change it ... nothing happened so I clicked
elsewhere - still nothing happened ... then the cursor stopped moving ... so
I then pressed control-alt-delete thinking I was using windows ... but that
didn't do anything ... so the only thing left to do was to turn off the
computer ... so I pressed and held down the power button for a few seconds
... but it did not turn off the computer ... then I looked all over the
machine to see if there was any other way to turn it off ... then I thought
I would just close the lid - all that did was to turn off the screen. I
began to think I was going to have to let the battery run down - when I
suddenly thought of simply undoing the battery ... which did the trick!

... However, I am not sure any of this has got anything to do with the xac
files ... but I think I have solved that one ... I do not try and replay the
xac file - I open it.

Perhaps you can answer one other question ... is it possible for me to
delete a customer - I have one which is basically a duplicate?

... thank you all for getting back to me ... I will know where to come
should I have any other problems.