xac headers all unreadable!

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 3 15:24:21 EDT 2007

Hi,

Quoting ablot <tim at ablot.com>:

> What happened was I was using GNUCash ... I went to produce a new invoice
> then changed my mind.
> Perhaps in my impatience I went immediately to my checking account - double
> clicked the date to select and change it ... nothing happened so I clicked
> elsewhere - still nothing happened ... then the cursor stopped moving ... so

This sounds like a bug in your video driver or window manager.
Gnucash can't really do this.  Or at least I find it hard to
believe that gnucash can grab so much focus that you can't do
anything else.  I've certainly never seen it in almost a decade
of working with gnucash.

> ... However, I am not sure any of this has got anything to do with the xac
> files ... but I think I have solved that one ... I do not try and replay the
> xac file - I open it.

Actually, the .xac files are backups.  You shouldn't open them, either,
unless you need to go back to a previous state.  You should just let gnucash
open your regular data file, which it will open by default the next time
you start gnucash.

See the FAQ.  http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ

> ... thank you all for getting back to me ... I will know where to come
> should I have any other problems.

This list (NOT to my personal email) is the right place.  Or IRC.
Or... check the FAQ. ;)